INFORMATION WE COLLECT
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, mobile or other phone number)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password, nickname/screen name
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address, or your gift card details)
- Purchase and return history
- Product preferences
- Your physical characteristics and skincare concerns
- Contact information for friends or family you would like us to send a message to on your behalf (please ensure that you only submit contact information of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive messages from you)
- Content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments)
Information provided to us through social media or our mobile applications when you visit our social media pages or use one of our mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described when you connect with the social media network, and your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications.
We may use the information we collect to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you and operate features on our site
- Process your purchase and return transactions
- Create and manage your online Naruko account, including access to your online purchase history
- Assist with product selection and replenishment
- Respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social media pages or mobile applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; operating our loss prevention program, and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information collected on this site to deliver personalized content, improve our site, and product and service offerings, for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site to tailor ads displayed on our site and elsewhere, for fraud detection and prevention, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms & Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
THIRD PARTY WEB ANALYTICS SERVICES
We may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social media platforms, or our social media pages or mobile applications. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site.
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those applications with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
In addition, we and our affiliates and other service providers in Canada, the US and other jurisdictions may disclose information about you if required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, including (i) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
To opt-out your e-mail subscriptions, you can modify your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVATE POLICY